Revision history [back]
Storage of LPG gas canisters
I wanted some advice about LPG Gas storage. I have several canisters for cooking gas, various sizes (I know standardisation wasn’t the predecessor’s strength)
- Should it be stored outside?
- Should be kept out of the sun? Temperatures are pretty high in the day- up to 40 degrees, and maybe around 26 degrees at night.
- If stored in shade, should be covered with anything? Any suggestions what?
- There is a valve attached, to open/close it. Should the valve be taken off? I.e. canister by itself?
- If there was a fire with the gas; what type of extinguisher should be used?